Thursday, October 2, 2014

NATIONAL POETRY DAY



Good Morning to all. Today in the UK is National Poetry Day, and since I am a poet I decided to include a poem in my daily post. Writing helps me channel my thoughts and get through the challenges and transitions in life, as well as working out. Life is hills and valleys, at one moment you are king of the hill the next moment you find yourself stranded at the bottom without a safety net. It is how you channel your thoughts that makes all of the difference.

What do you do to keep the calm amongst the chaos? With my move I am working out daily doing Melissa Bender Fitness first month of her three month series of the Bikini competition workout and daily trips to the gym. I also love to work out in nature. Movement has helped me keep my sanity as we transition from Los Angeles to San Francisco. I would love to hear your thoughts, how you channel your anxieties and worries. Nature always has a way of bringing us back to earth. 

Love and Light to all.
Namaste'
Rose

NATURAL THERAPY

The azure sky above tints my reality

with a little glow of heaven,  

An existence formally tainted

within the eclipse of my soul.

Depleted unfulfilled and lost

within a colorless endless Monday;

searching for a free haven,

a place where weariness

drifts away in the haze;

illuminating the shadows.

Clouds take on a new shape,

artistry and the allure of the earth,

nature and spirit are entwined in bliss.


Fluttering in the mist of the rain,

water blesses me to begin anew;

I become the willow in the wisp,

communing with the celestial one.

Climb trees, reach high, embrace;

mother earth and all she stands for.

The scent of damp cedar,

captures my senses and I am aware;

there is more to myself than me.

Honeysuckle tickles, provokes, lingers;

teases my greedy nostrils

with the promise of the coming dawn,

and all the abandon that she offers.


The endless monotony of Mondays,

are replaced with the beauty of a blue beyond.

Slow down, breathe, take time,

be serene, own your peace.

The wonder of a midsummer delight

replaces the constant inner struggle,

when an individual steps outside

their vanity, their Jones' mentality.

Looks at their former world

from a different vantage point.

Grasps what is truly valuable,

We are all one with the earth

and the earth is one with us.

Rose Bruno Bailey

 

 

 

 

 


 

3 comments:

  1. I love that poem!

    How are your workouts going? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thank you so much. I'm going to restart the three month series Sunday and use the last two weeks as a warm up. Now it will be three rounds daily and I.bought a notebook to help guide me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved this one!! And how Psychedelic it is. You have such a beautiful soul, Rose!!

    ReplyDelete