Monday, December 9, 2013

MONDAY AND IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

 
Photo credit Linda Monteleone'


Good Monday Morning. I am freezing as I drink my coffee, and the heat is on. I am not letting this LA cold spell slow me down, I am out daily running and walking, but I have to admit it makes it harder to wake up so I am in a bit of a rush this morning.

I have changed my weigh in day to Friday, I like it so much better. It seems to make more sense to me. I am holding steady so far at twenty pounds. My announcement for my charity will be very soon.

Here is a poem I wrote on a frigid NYC morning, taking the train and dreaming with a cup of hot coffee warming my soul and body. Stay warm wherever you are...Love and light to all.

Namaste'
Rose


 

MONDAY


It's another monotonous morning,


birds are chirping, but spring


has hardly paid a call or visit.


I drink my hot coffee, gripping


the cup like it holds liquid gold.


Fatigue sets in, mentally, physically;


a rat races inside my head.


I am emotionally, physically


drained from running mundane


marathons to empty destinations.


I imagine a kiss, a zealous kiss


that would bring summer


to my wintry body and soul.


Instead I sip, caffeinated tepid cafe;


and long for lips that scald,


daydreaming of a moment


that could warm all of my seasons.


 (c) Rose Bruno Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment