Monday, December 16, 2013

TWENTY POUND CHARITY TOY DRIVE



I am planning my twenty pound charity, and decided to do something that was a perfect fit for December and the season of joy. I decided to do a toy drive for Alexandria House, with the recommendation of a dear friend named Dawn who attends Richard Simmons. I am grateful for her friendship and support. 

Here is some information on Alexandria House below. I am organizing my twenty pound charity at my place of employment, Seasons 52 in Century City, CA. with the help of my amazing management and co workers. I am grateful for the support and everyone who is so kind to give a toy to a child at this time of year. My co-worker and friend Meagan and I are delivering the toys December 23rd. I will post more information later this week. The toys are starting to accumulate, and I am really excited. I am beyond grateful and moved to have such kind people in my corner and thank you to Michele and Judy at Alexandria House.
Namaste'
Happy Monday
Rose





Mission
 Response to the compelling needs of the women and

 children living in the house, as well as the 

 neighborhood needs before us each day, the goal of

 Alexandria House is to be a community-oriented

 transitional house and neighborhood center which is

 intentionally multicultural, antiracist and where the

 needs of women who are economically poor are

 central.

 We are supported by a community of caring

 individuals and groups who share our mission.
 Company Overview
 Founded in 1996, Alexandria House is a non-profit 

 transitional residence and house of hospitality

 providing safe and supportive housing for women and

 children in the process of moving from emergency

 shelter to permanent housing. Located in the densely

 populated and ethnically diverse Mid-Wilshire area,

 Alexandria House also serves its broader 

 neighborhood community by providing educational 

 and enrichment opportunities for residents and

 neighbors alike.


1 comment: