Friday, November 29, 2013

GRATITUDE, FOOD, PASSION



Happy weekend to all, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so grateful for life, living, breathing, love, family, friends. I can go on and on.  My dinner turned out wonderful, and I cheated but not really like I planned to. Cooking took all day, and by the time I was finished I was not as interested in the food as I expected to be. I had allowed myself to be over hungry and tired and I really did not eat too much. I did not even finish my dinner, but I did have a piece of my pecan and chocolate pie. 

Today I went to Trader Joe's to stock up on some healthy essentials, so I can eat the turkey and avoid the fattening sides. I knew I needed a plan of action to get through the weekend on track. I picked up all of my essentials so I should be good to go.



Cheating is a tricky thing. I had every intention to cheat and I did but according to my husband I did not eat like he thinks I should have. Your body gets so accustomed to eating healthy, to fueling your temple with only the best material to ensure the construction of a healthier body. You are afraid one day of deviation will trash your temple and the whole thing will come crumbling down in a pile of rubble. I am happy I chose not to overdo it, and I can go into the holiday season with the reassurance that I will not undo five months of hard work with a month of mindless eating. I can deviate in small ways without going overboard.

Francie joined us for Thanksgiving, and we loved having the company. We talked and talked and she gave me some wonderful ideas to add to my fitness bucket list. She once took a Fire Dancing class at Firegroove here in Los Angeles. At first I questioned the sanity and safety of such a thing, but once we watched the video I was hooked. I am definitely going to take a class and learn the art of dancing with fire. Passion requires you to live a life of light, and dancing with flames sounds like the perfect metaphor for passion.

Off for now, I am writing some new poems and feeling the creative surge and the time to do it in. Wishing everyone love and light. 
Namaste'
Rose




No comments:

Post a Comment