Monday, November 4, 2013

MOTIVATION MIND MONOPOLY


Humans, we are not perfect. We strive for perfection, and as soon as we start to feel like we have something wrapped up in a big red bow we get knocked down to our knees and are fed humble pie, or in my case we start craving the pie.

Motivation, it sometimes comes and goes. I have to admit I am at a bit of a standstill mentally regarding motivation as of the last week.  I have not cheated, but I think about it as the holiday season approaches.  I know I have come a long way but sometimes I feel like I have made zero progress. It is if I am walking a crooked line in a maze where I almost feel I am back at square one. That is what it feels when your motivation starts to falter, you feel like you have been walking in circles without a destination.

Logically I know that I have made progress but my mind is playing motivation monopoly with my thoughts. I need to take a hard look at the reality of the situation. Just today a homeless man I see all the time yelled out to me that the weight loss looks good on me. 

So, I need to pick myself up and dust off the mental debris that is weighing me down. I am determined but I am definitely not perfect. I have a long journey ahead of me, and I am not even half way there. Time to meditate, breathe and find my center.

Tomorrow I will work out and/or take a yoga class at Yogaworks. I need to push myself harder now, because now is when I need to regroup and rediscover my flagging motivation and why I began this project in the first place. To lose weight, get healthy, be fit and strong like I was when I danced, and to help others along the way. To enter my 47th year the best that I can be; in mind, body, and spirit.

Maybe I should not be so tough on myself. 
I guess I am just human.
But I will not give up, ever.
Poison inside of my skull,
Seeps into my busy mind;
The ache does not dull,
On my ideas it dines.
Eating all of my thoughts,
Gnawing away at my muse;
I lost, but still fought,
Give up, I shall refuse.....
Namaste'
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment