HEALTHY CHICKEN SOUP WITH VEGETABLES AND GRAINS
You will need:
Low sodium chicken stock, as much as directions calls for in place of water.
One package Mirepoix mix or a blend of chopped celery, carrots, and onions.
One pack of Trader Joe's Harvest Grains Blend or a pack of Orzo
Start by sauteing Mirepoix mix in 2 tablespoons olive oil, and make Harvest Grains Blend or orzo with low sodium chicken stock in place of water, following directions. After cooked set aside.
One package of carrots
One large onion
One package turnips
One package carrots
a few cloves of garlic
Two cartons low sodium chicken stock
Four boneless chicken breasts
sea salt, ground pepper
This is such a simple yet delicious soup.
1. Add chopped carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and turnips to a large pot.
2. Add boneless chicken and both cartons of low sodium chicken stock.
3. Flavor with a generous amount of fresh dill, sea salt, ground pepper and dried thyme.
4. Bring to a rolling boil, careful to not let the soup over boil.
5. Bring temperature down to low and let simmer for over one hour until the chicken has cooked through.
6. Remove chicken and chop in nice size bites and add chicken pieces back to the soup.
7. Add half of the grain/orzo mix to soup and blend.
It was so delicious, especially with oyster crackers. James ate three bowls. I am making soup this evening, and I just purchased a crock pot so I will be experimenting with my new cooking toy soon.
Love and Light to all