Saturday, May 17, 2014

WEIGH IN SATURDAY



NEVER ENDING WAR

Trapped in a golden shell,

Zero escape;

Nobody can tell,

My will has been raped.

Never-ending war,

Without a win;

Cuts me to my core,

Again, again.

Another day appears,

One more battle to fight;

Conquering endless fears,

Taking just one bite.

I admit to being a little frustrated that my weight loss has slowed down. I am holding steady at 169. I am focusing on fitness more than the numbers on the scale but I am human and I do get disappointed when I do everything right and the scale does not budge.

Do not get me wrong, I am very pleased with my results and happy where I am at the moment but I really wish I would have done my inches in the beginning. People who I see often in the neighborhood have mentioned my weight loss and asked if I work out so I know it shows in other ways besides the reflection of the scale. I also vowed I was going to focus on my fitness goals and that is true, but I am human and I would like to be successful on the scale as well as off.


Now that my toe is healing and I have new shoes I am going to up my cardio. I have signed up for The Color Run in June with some friends and that gives me something to work towards. I will do some other cardio besides running and walking. I am going to try cycle classes and swimming some laps but the bulk of my cardio will be running and speed walking.


Off for today. It is the weekend and I am hanging with my husband James, and getting a workout in of course. We leave for Las Vegas on Thursday so that will bring those out of town challenges. 


Love and Light to all,

Keep Moving Forward
Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment