|Stop and smell the flowers|
1. Go to bed early and wake early every day. I learned this lesson in NYC. Burning the candle at both ends just snuffs out all of your energy and leaves no time to cultivate a happy life. Make sure you have enough time in the morning for breakfast and coffee, and wind down time at night. I look forward to my daily routine. I make the time to begin my day and time to reflect on it as the sun sets. If you work a job with odd hours, try to find your routine on your own time.
2. Take some time to be outdoors daily if you live in a mild climate. Breathing in fresh air and feeling a warm breeze does amazing things for your psyche. If you live in a cool climate and cannot handle the cold, find a zen place like an indoor heated pool or a sauna. When the weather warms, walk in the rain and soak in the splendor of the sun.
3. Use water as therapy. Buy a home water fountain with running water or youtube the sounds of the ocean. Live near water? All the better. Get to the beach and just listen to the soothing sounds of the waves crashing on the shore. Do not take Mother Nature for granted. I like to call her Mother Nurture because getting out in nature nurtures the soul.
4. Surround yourself with positive people who make your spirit soar. Your friends should be your biggest cheerleaders and you theirs. Trust me on this one, I have the most inspirational friends.
5. Find your passions and don't be afraid to chase them down. Reinvent your visions and rediscover yourself. Believe in you, never know who you may become. Do not define yourself by a number. I have decided to live with no fear and feel ageless.
6. Routines are important when setting goals, but when a special occasion occurs do not be afraid to be spontaneous.
7. If something is making you unhappy, do not complain, change. Do not be afraid to take that leap of faith, you will always land on your feet. The universe has your back.
8. Do something altruistic. Giving back to others fires off neurons in the brain that helps alleviate stress symptoms. It is good for others and good for you. Everyone wins when you lend a helping hand to those who need it most.
9. If you do not exercise regularly and feel you do not have the time to begin, try walking 15 minutes a day. It is good for your mind and body and you may find you crave more movement.
10. Is life feeling predictable and boring? What did you love in school the most? Field Trips!! Take an adult field trip. Take a day trip to a nearby city or go visit a museum or two. Get creative, the things you can do are endless. Fun is just as important as work.