Sunday, September 29, 2013

DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME

My wonderful friend back east messaged me recently, she was listening to the late great Mama Cass singing the song Dream a Little Dream of Me; she thought of me since it is one of my favorite songs to sing. I played it and sang along, the melody takes you to a far off place where everything you visualize is possible. I love The Mama's and the Papa's and I am now "California Dreaming."


Following the path of love and light.

That made me start thinking about our dreams; the dreams we have for our future, the visions we have as we sleep. After all this blog is about achieving personal goals of fitness and making a difference in society, basically making these elusive dreams a reality.  Have you ever had an idea in a dream, and woke up and made the midnight imagination come to fruition? I did that just recently with an idea I had in a dream. Dreams sometimes hold clues and messages, the key is to be able to retain the information and decipher the code. Listening and hearing is always important in life, whether asleep or awake. You just have to be aware and follow the messages that are sent from your slumber.

I listen always, and I have become very intuitive of late, it is actually uncanny how in tune I have been recently. I think this project is making me more aware of everything around me. I love the meditation portion of my yoga classes. I am finding peace in mind and changing my form for the better, and making a difference with each new charity I volunteer with. Next week is the Monday Night Mission. I am really looking forward to my first ten pound milestone, and marking it by helping feed the residents of Skid Row. Talk about taking the E out of Ego. This will be a humbling experience and I welcome that. After my first time volunteering with The Monday Night Mission I hope to return at least once a month and be a regular volunteer. Love and light from my dreamy California home to yours. 
No one can sing this song like Mama Cass, enjoy!!
Namaste'
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment