Thursday, September 12, 2013

THURSDAY UPDATE 9-12-2013



Good Morning and Happy Thursday to all. I cannot wait for the weekend, we are planning a day trip and picnic at one of the beaches in Ventura.  I am going to work out in the sand, burpees and all and walk on the beach. I may jog too. For now a bit of coffee will get me going this morning,  I swear it is like the elixir of the gods, I love coffee.

Yesterday I worked out with Mike my trainer and friend. We did a lot of upper body work because my ankle has been tender. I am purchasing an ankle brace, but I think it will be OK. We boxed, and I swear it must be a very funny sight to see me pack a punch.  He really is getting a great reputation at work, so I can see him building a very successful personal training business/boot camp classes in the future. He wants to up my intensity and I agree it is time, so I need to start working harder with my running and cardio. Yesterday I had my back turned to one of my friends at work and she came up to me and said she hardly recognized me, and how much smaller I look. Those compliments keep me going because sometimes I do not see it myself. I am very thankful for all of his help and expertise as I progress on this path of fitness. 

Yoga tonight at Yogaworks. I am taking one of two classes. I think I am taking the Iyengar class. (Named after and developed by B. K. S. Iyengar, is a form of Hatha Yoga that has an emphasis on detail, precision and alignment in the performance of posture (asana) and breath control (pranayama). The development of strength, mobility and stability is gained through the asanas)
I really want to expand and grow in my practice so my plan is to go to yoga three to five days a week. I will eventually add the ballet classes, and I am so close to doing so. I am going to set a weekly schedule and post it in the future. 

I hit my first ten pound mark, so I am setting the date this week to join the Monday Night Mission to help feed the hungry at skid row. I will know that date in a few days. I am really looking forward to giving back, and I just want to do more and more. Mike is also joining me, and I will see if anyone from work or my friends wishes to help out as well. It is very rewarding to volunteer, and it puts everything in life in perspective. I call it stepping outside of yourself and your own world. 

I wish everyone a beautiful Thursday
Love and Light
Namaste'
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment