Saturday, September 28, 2013

BEACH DAY


Good Morning to all and Happy Saturday. I am headed to the beach, a late start since my husband James got in late from the Dodgers game last night. I am in a reflective mood today, so this post will be definitely short and sweet. When I feel like this I usually write poetry, but I have not had the alone time to do so, so maybe I will do a little scribbling at the beach. I am a dreamer, my head is always in the clouds so the beach may be perfect for my mood.

I have discovered a new autumn snack obsession. I love mixing real canned pumpkin with fat free sugar free Greek yogurt and a bit of cinnamon. I found a decadent substitution for the pumpkin, but you have to be diligent about the portion size, this stuff is really dangerous. Trader Joe's now has pumpkin cream cheese, and two tablespoons is only 70 calories and 5 grams a fat. Mix those two tablespoons in your fat free Greek yogurt and boom you almost have pumpkin cheesecake. It is amazing but make sure you measure, this stuff is addictive. I love it, since I have not allowed myself a cheat day yet these little substitutions get me through. A little bit with jam on a whole wheat English muffin and tea is a lovely treat too.

Off to Malibu, wishing everyone a bright and beautiful weekend. Love and Light from my west coast home to yours. 
Namaste'
Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment